Welcome to trekking, rafting and bikepacking adventures in Peru.
Explore Cusco, Machu Picchu and the Peruvian Amazon by river and trail.
Our goal is to provide unique non-touristic trips based on your experience and comfort level.
Hike to Machu Picchu, Choquequirao, Lares, Cusco, Santa Maria, Lake Valencia, Ausangate and others. Both private and grouped are available. See all hiking trips here.
- Choquequirao 4D Choquequirao is a ruined Inca city in the Vilcabamba Valley which is surrounded by the snowcapped Apus of Yanama, Ampay, Choquecarpu, Pumasillo and Panta on the north side of the Apurimac river. In the time of the Incas, Choquequirao was united and in communication by a complex network of trails with Machu Picchu.
- Choquequirao to Machu Picchu 7D Visit both Choquequirao and Machu Picchu on one epic adventure. Trek along an Inca trail for 5 days, explore ruins along the way and camp out underneath the stars. We'll use mules, cook over fire and explore this lesser-known area where tourism is limited to those who dare to venture. We'll traverse 2 rivers, 2 mountain ranges and climb switchbacks from the pueblo of Cachora to Yanama, then transfer to Santa Teresa by car followed by a 2 hr walk to Machu Picchu.
- Salkantay to Machu Picchu 5D Experience the ultimate change in altitude and climate zones. Trek through the Salkantay Pass surrounded by high turquoise lakes, glacial runoff and massive boulders before heading down into Peruvian subtropical vegetation with a stop for a bath in natural hot springs on the way to Machu Picchu.
We use portable, inflatable boats called "Packrafts" which are suitable for whitewater and carrying gear. We will often pack up our boats and hike to a hard to reach oxbow lake then reinflate to explore the lake. Private only available. See all packrafting trips here.
- Manu National Park 4D We'll raft a total of 48km/29mi on the Alto Madre de Dios river from Atalaya to Shintuya Lodge and hammock camp a night in the forest. Along the way we'll visit the clay lick and explore Lake Machuwasi by log raft before reaching the Shintuya hot springs and waterfalls. We'll also meet the locals of Atalaya, Shintuya and Salvación. We recommend a minimum of 4 days in Manu National Park to allow for travel time from Cusco.
- Manu to Boca Colorado 9D Venture into the deep Peruvian Amazon, through Manu's Cultural zone and entrance to Reserve Zone and over 245 km/151 mi to Boca Colorado. Spot caiman and river otters on the banks from your packraft while parrots and red and green macaws fly above. Explore the oxbow lakes, lodges and clay licks such as "Blanquillo" along the way. Choose and create your campsites. Your machete is required and your hammock is your sanctuary.
- Boca Colorado to Laberinto 8D Wind down the Madre de Dios river from the gold mining town of Boca Colorado 161km/100mi to Laberinto. See firsthand the effect of legal mining on the banks of the river followed by protected areas where established oxbow lakes host a variety of tropical flora and fauna. Expect friendly faces on the main river and secluded canals into non-touristic areas of newly formed and ancient oxbows.
Bikepacking and Bikerafting trips are coming soon! See any current scouting expeditons on the Expeditions Page.
- New! Bikepacking and Bikerafting We are currently working on multiple trips in both the Andes and Amazon mostly looking for singletrack descents with great places to stop along the way. Expect new trips around Ausangate, the Sacred Valley, Cusco, Machu Picchu, Manu National Park, Boca Colorado and Puerto Maldonado. Stay tuned for these new and awe-inspiring trips to come.
See all destinations here.
- Machu Picchu Getting to Machu Picchu is part of the adventure. Choose from a variety of treks, rafting and soon to come bikpacking and bikerafting trips to Machu Picchu. Still want to experience the train? No problem, you can bike into Machu Picchu one way and take the return train the other. Whether hiking, biking or rafting into and around Machu Picchu we can accommodate your plans for seeing this magical place.
- Cusco See what there is to do in Cusco if you have an extra day here. From class 3 rapids on the upper Urubamba River to local hikes to forgotten ruins and one day biking adventures, you'll be sure to find something fun during your stay in the city of Cusco.
- Amazon Stay in lodges or hammock wild camp in the amazing Peruvian Amazon. Explore any of the Madre de Dios regions stretching from the lower Urubamba River to the Pini Pini and Upper Madre de Dios River and Manu National Park to Boca Colorado to Puerto Maldonado and to the Upper Las Piedras! Hike, bike and packraft it!
Not a fan of organized tours and looking for something new? No problem, we have just what you're looking for. Join us on one of our scouting missions. See all expeditions here.